1) True or False: Before using a compressed gas cylinder of any kind, one should always first refer to and read the corresponding Safety Data Sheet (SDS) to understand the safety precautions, uses and properties of the gas cylinder.
2) The purpose of a regulator is to:
Answer: Decrease the pressure of a gas cylinder to a usable and safe level.
3) Cylinders that contain corrosive gases should not be stored for longer than:
Answer: 6 Months
4) True or False: One should always use a pressure relief device where liquid can be trapped to help prevent over-pressurization due to vaporization.
5) The danger of asphyxiation must be considered when handling and storing inert cryogenic liquids such as liquid nitrogen. For this reason, ________ are/is recommended whenever cryogenic liquids are handled in enclosed areas.
Answer: Oxygen depletion monitors